[vtkusers] moving one end point of lines

Chen, Elvis anisotropic7 at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 26 18:29:16 EST 2002

Greetings,

I want to draw whole bunch of lines, and move only one
end points of each line during animation.  What is the
best data structure and pipeline for this?

Currently, I have

vtkLineSource -> vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

for each line I want to draw.  During animation, I
need to use vtkTransformation to move each individual
points and reset them into vtkLineSource.  The
transformation applied to each end point of lines are
identical.  While this works, I need to repeat the
entire pipeline for each line, which is rather
cumbersome.

Can anyone please suggest an alternative?

Thanks in advance,