[vtkusers] VTK Help!

John F Meinel jfmeinel at ct.radiology.uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 26 12:34:08 EST 2002

In MFC there is a function for UpdateAllViews that every document has.
This will force the every view [which is probably only 1 from what you're
saying] to call the OnUpdate() function.
So if you make a change, you have the Document call UpdateAllViews()
and then in OnUpdate() you can have each individual view re-poll the
document to figure out what happened.
I'm not sure if this makes sense to you, as it's kind of cyclical, but it
should work.
[The easiest way is to have the view know about the change and then just
call GetDocument() to get a pointer to the document, and then tell the
document what needs to be done, but that doesn't sound quite like what you
asked.]
John
=:->