[vtkusers] Python wrapping problem PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY -> solved....kind of

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Feb 25 16:58:50 EST 2002

As far as I know, on Windows, you can't build a debug VTK with Python.
Reasons being (I only tried this with Python 2.1 and 1.5):
1. The debug python library and executable have to be used,
2. The debug python executable requires all libraries (modules) it
imports to end with a d (for example vtkCommonPythond.dll)
3. Current VTK build does not support this because it requires that
the libraries are named differently depending on whether they are built
release or debug. CMake can not do it yet.

Solutions:
1. Someone can add this feature to CMake,
2. Someone tells us how to compile a debug python executable which
does not require the d at the end of the imported library name,
3. Somebody realizes that I don't know what I am talking about and
tells us how it is really done.

-Berk