[vtkusers] Installation problem with VTK4.0 and Java

Satheesh Maheswaran s.maheswaran at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 12:14:51 EST 2002

Hello users

I am having a few probelms trying to get java to work with VTK.  I am on
Redhat 7.2 and jdk1.3.1_02 version.  TCL scripts given in the exmaple
runs ok, but java examples on the VTK website and in Example directory
fails.  I read the postings in the archive, and made changes as
suggested, but I still get the following error

my code compiles ok, but has the following error when i try to run it
[satheesh at localhost satheesh]$ javac test.java
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/home/satheesh/vtk/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingJava.so:
/home/satheesh/vtk/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingJava.so: undefined symbol:
JAWT_GetAWT
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1419)
        at test.<clinit>(test.java:13)

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set as follows

[satheesh at localhost satheesh]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/satheesh/vtk/VTK/bin

When I run ccmake, I have the following settings in CMakeCache.txt
//What is the path where the file jawt.h can be found
JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/include

//Where can the jawt library be found
JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/jre/lib/i386/libjawt.so

//What is the path where the file jni.h can be found
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/include

//What is the path where the file jni_md.h can be found
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2:PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/include/linux

//Single output directory for building all libraries.
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH:PATH=/home/satheesh/vtk/VTK/bin

Any help/suggestions on solving this  error will be greatly appreciated

regards
satheesh