[vtkusers] What's the most important : CPU or graphic card

Jerome, Ron Ron.Jerome at nrc.ca
Mon Feb 25 08:39:05 EST 2002

My experience has been that the graphics card and RAM make the biggest
difference, but I'm not doing volume rendering.  The nVidia GForce 2 & 3
(soon 4) GTS or Ti based graphics cards are quite impressive when it comes
to OpenGL performance.  ATI's OpenGL implementation has traditionally been
poor, but since they bought the FireGL line, that may change.

Ron Jerome
Institute for Chemical Process and
Environmental Technology
National Research Council Canada