[vtkusers] My TCL/TK program forgets current dir

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Fri Feb 22 06:15:55 EST 2002

I have recently changed from VTK 3.2 to the nightly release with only
minor injuries to my health.

One thing that bothers me is that I have a small TCL/TK program using a
tk_getOpenFile dialog for getting filenames (a mutation of the
Decimate.tcl script).
Using VTK 3.2 it could remember the last directory it visited, while after
building VTK 4.x it always starts in the directory where the script is,
which is rater irritating.

I suspect that some registry voodoo could solve the problem...

Is this a common problem, and is there a solution?

Regards
Rasmus