[vtkusers] Problem with vtkOffscreenRender in Linux

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:37:02 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have a small problem when using vtk3.2 and the vtkOffscreenRender stuff from
John Shalf under Linux which I don't have with Sun Solaris.  Maybe someone can
help?

When using the offscreen rendering for about 30 draws, I eventually get a GLX
error message:

NOT using PBuffers...
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContextTag
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  103 (X_GLXDeleteLists)
  Serial number of failed request:  17478

Does this make sense to anyone?  I don't get this when throwing the display back
to my Sun workstation.  I am using the version of Mesa which comes with RedHat
v7.1 which might be kind of old, but would upgrading fix it?  This is also with
the NVIDIA driver.

Thanks for any clues!

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     E-Bay...                             +