[vtkusers] Height of one surface above another.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Wed Feb 20 00:12:51 EST 2002

If I have two surfaces S1 and S2 each created by a Delaunay 2D
transform, how do I determine the height of one surface above another?

For example if I have a point P1(x,y,zs1) on surface 1, and P2(x,y,zs2)
on surface 2 I want to determine (zs1-zs2) for all (x,y).

S1 may be a map and S2 may be a subsection of the map whose heights may
be different from the heights in S1. I don't think it is an ICP
transform because I already know (x,y) for both surfaces and I am simply
interested in the vertical distance (z values) and not the closest
distance between a point on surface 1 and a point on surface 2.

Thanks for any help. I really can't see how to do this!

Andrew J. P. Maclean

Postal:

Australian Centre for Field Robotics
The Rose Street Building J04