[vtkusers] Forcing an Update of a vtkSource

Kevin Teich kteich at cortechs.net
Tue Feb 19 17:44:57 EST 2002

[Berk]
> Uh. I undestand the problem now. Tricky tricky. Can't you execute
> the reader and separate it's output ? Once you do that, if you
> modify the output in any way, the pipeline will re-execute.
> Something like this:

So, kind of forget the Reader and not even use it in the pipeline? Just
keep its output around as a source for the rest of the pipeline? Problem
is, the Reader is the input for a VolumeRaycastMapper and three
ImageReslicers. Maybe there be an intermediate object, a common source
for those objects that can get data from the Reader and have a SetValue()
function. Something like a MutableStructuredPointsSource, basically just a
SPSource with a SetValue() function.

                                                         /> raycast mapper
vtkMyCustomReader -//-> vtkMutableStructuredPointsSource -> reslicers
                                                         \> others

I'll try it, thanks.

--
Kevin Teich