[vtkusers] Shallow and deep copy

David Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Sun Feb 17 22:02:11 EST 2002

Hello Vtk Users,

Would someone be kind enough to explain the difference between shallow and
deep copy.

Particularly with reference to vtkImageData. I have been using shallow copy
on the assumption that it is the lesser operation. If what I am doing does't
work then I would consider a deepcopy. It would be better if I had an
understanding of the difference.

Thanks, David