[vtkusers] vtk4/python win32 installation

Chen, Elvis anisotropic7 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 15 18:37:05 EST 2002

Greetings,

Can someone please help in in vtk4/python installation
on a wintel machine.  From public.kitware.com/vtk, I
downloaded vtk40Core.exe/vtk40Cpp.exe/vtk40Python.exe
and installed them.  I also downloaded python 2.1.2
(which I assumed is the version that vtk40
pre-compiled version binds to) and installed it
accordingly.  I set the following 2 environment
variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH c:\Program Files\vtk40\lib\vtk
PYTHONPATH c:\Program Files\vtk40\lib\vtk;c:\Program
Files\vtk\Wrapping\Python

However, when I try to import vtk library into python
using:

from vtkpython import *

I get the following message:

Import Error: No module named vtkCommonPython

Due to the lack of documentation, can someone please
tell me what am I missing in my setup?

thanks in advance,