[vtkusers] Mapping smaller images on the larger Grid

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Fri Feb 15 06:18:55 EST 2002

Hi Yogish,

You can use vtkImageTranslateExtent followed by vtkImageBlend.
The idea is to translate the images to their desired positions
(in pixel coords relative to the lower-left corner of the screen)
before blending them together into a composite image.

You will need a separate vtkImageTranslateExtent for each sub-image,
so things might get messy if you have a lot of images that you want
to paste together.  All of the compositing can be done within a
single vtkImageBlend, however.

Also note that, if you use this method, you should create a blank image
of the desired final output size via vtkImageGridSource or some other
means and use it as the first input to vtkImageBlend.  Think of it as the
'paper' that you want to past the images onto.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group