[vtkusers] vtk 4 and java

Matthew O'Brien matthew.obrien at ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Feb 14 16:57:23 EST 2002

I have built and installed vtk4, but when I try to test out the
installation with Regression.java, I run into a problem. It compiles
without any problem, but when I try to run it, I get the following
error:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x498e130f
Function name=AddHashEntry__12vtkHashTablePvT1
Library=/usr/local/lib/vtk4/libvtkCommonJava.so

Current Java thread:
        at vtk.vtkPolyData.VTKCastInit(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.GetOutput_2(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.GetOutput(vtkPolyDataSource.java:20)
        at Regression.main(Regression.java:19)

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Matt