[vtkusers] (vtk3.2) vtkScalarBar, labels too small, label format on Win32

Ted Christiansen ted at caept.com
Sat Feb 9 10:39:29 EST 2002

Hello,

In my MFC/vtk (3.2) application I have set the vtkScalarBar to be on the
left side, in vertical orientation and set the label text size to 10
point.  When I display the contour the font looks fine.  But as soon as
I rotate the model then the labels are updated and the size very small.
Does anyone have a fix for this?

Also, the printf family of functions on Win32 have the irritating
feature of always using three digits for the mantissa in scientific
format.  When I use the format string %10.4G on a number like 5.435E6
then the sprintf output is 5.435E+006.  It would be nice if the
unnecessary 0's in the mantissa could be removed in the vtkScalarBar
class while it is generating the labels.  Anyone know their way around
the vtkScalarBar class well enough to do this?  Otherwise I will work on
it.

Thanks,

Ted