[vtkusers] VTK 4.0 and Python 2.2

shock8 shock8 at donguri.sakura.ne.jp
Tue Feb 5 09:56:19 EST 2002

by rebuilding stuffs from source i got vtk40 work with python

steps shall be
1, download vtksource
2, download and install cmake
3, run cmake
4, turn BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, VTK_WRAP_PYTHON on
5, show advanced values, and set other switches you need
6, push configure button, push
7, check paths are correctly set
8, push ok
9, open vtk.dsw in target directory
10, batch build
12, set PYTHONPATH=c:/vtk40/wrapping/python
13, copy dll's to PYTHONPATH

well, it worked on my win2000 box
yet, i haven't tried on my antique win98 box

while it didn't even work on python2.1 with win98