[vtkusers] a question about GetOutput() function.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Feb 4 13:04:38 EST 2002

    JZ> function is frequently in VTK. But I want to know what's the
    JZ> output of this function? Is it a pointer to a data or some
    JZ> others. In my case, I use the class vtkImageGradientMagnitude
    JZ> in my pipeline. I want to know what's the output of this class
    JZ> using GetOutput. Is it a pointer to the gradient magnitude

Perhaps the parent class documentation will help?

http://public.kitware.com/VTK/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageSource.html

The HTML documentation is really useful.
http://public.kitware.com/VTK/doc/nightly/html/

Better still use Python and check it for yourself on the
interpreter. :)

$ python
>>> from vtk import *
>>> i = vtkImageGradientMagnitude ()
>>> i.GetOutput()
<libvtkCommonPython.vtkImageData vtkobject at 0x821a3a8>
>>> print i.GetOutput()
vtkImageData (0x8207318)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 52