[vtkusers] problems with OSMesa

Jan Klemencic jan at isi.uu.nl
Mon Feb 4 11:57:33 EST 2002

Hello list!

I wonder if the following compilation error message is familiar to
somebody:

/opt/vtk3.2/lib/libVTKImaging.so: undefined reference to
`OSMesaMakeCurrent'
/opt/vtk3.2/lib/libVTKImaging.so: undefined reference to
`OSMesaCreateContext'
/opt/vtk3.2/lib/libVTKImaging.so: undefined reference to
`OSMesaDestroyContext'

I get this message while compiling some software that relies on vtk. I
have vtk3.2 installed (--with-mesa), on Mandrake Linux, the recent
version. The Mesa version is 3.4.2. For a long time, I've been trying to
solve this problem, and I'm stuck. I searched the past messages on the
list, and found some people had similar problems, but I didn't find a
solution that would work for me.

I tried to download and compile Mesa myself, but it didn't help.

Please, can somebody help me with this? I'm really getting desperate.
Best regards,
Jan Klemencic