[vtkusers] parametric plots, and documentation question

Sidney Cadot sidney at v2e.nl
Mon Feb 4 08:28:29 EST 2002

Hi all,

The vtkXYPlotActor class seems to support only plots with a clear
distinction between a "dependent" and an "independent" variable; is this
right in general or is there a way to generate parametric plots?

For example, I'd like to be able to draw [cos(t),sin(t)] for t=0..2Pi,
yielding a circle.

On a related note: are there any good books available on VTK, except for
"The Visualization Toolkit User's Guide" that I got from Kitware with the
USD $60 CD purchase? I am having trouble both with the HTML and the book
documentation; the semantics of classes and class interaction, and the
exact way in which classes work, is put too imprecise for my taste.
Basically, what I need is a something like a really good reference guide.

Best regards,

  Sidney Cadot