[vtkusers] What could the possible problem be?

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Feb 1 07:58:00 EST 2002

Hi Jason,
The native methods get mangled in a certain way so that java can find
them  The method is defined in libvtkCommonJava.so as
Java_vtkPanel_SetSizeInternal(...) (see vtkJavaAwt.h).  Because you put
vtkPanel into a package, java is looking for somtehing like
Java_vtk_vtkPanel_SetSizeInternal(...).  You can see exactly which
method java is looking for if you type 'javah -jni vtkPanel'.  Because
of the way vtk is built, you cannot put vtkPanel into a package.  Take
the package declaration out of vtkPanel and change your other code to
look for vtkPanel, not vtk.vtkPanel.  Of course, vtkPanel needs to be
somewhere in your CLASSPATH...
-Jeff