[vtkusers] VTK with C++ Builder

wei zhao wzh002 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 28 17:44:25 EST 2002

Hi, Maher:
You can go to ..\vtk\examples\tutorial\step1\cxx, the
c source code is cone.cxx, the cmake souce code is
CMakeList.txt. The executable file is in the subfolder
RefWithDebInfo, you can doulbe click cone.exe to see
what the result of running this program is.

To run this program, there are two options:
If you want to use the CMaker: in the field of where
is the source code, fill the path
..\vtk\examples\tutorial\step1\cxx
in the field, where to build the binaries, you can put
in any folder you want, I used D:\step1.
Then you click configure. Then you go to the D:\step1,
you will find the step1.dsw, open it, then you can run
the program.

Another option is that you don't use CMaker, you can
go to the FAQ to find how to include the library the
source code need.

Need some time to figure them out. Have fun.

Z.

--- Maher Abdelghani <Maher.Abdelghani at insat.rnu.tn>
wrote:
> Dear VTK users,
>
> I am trying my first steps with VTK and trying to
> use the
> C++ builder compiler.
>
> Does anyone have examples or tutorials that could
> help me
> getting started?
>
> i am a student working on my Masters degree in
> mechnical
> enginering and i am trying to use VTK for
> visualisation of
> my data. My application is on vibration analysis.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards,
> M.
> Maher Abdelghani