[vtkusers] Starbase support on HP workstations

Lakmal.Gunasekara at t-online.de Lakmal.Gunasekara at t-online.de
Wed Dec 25 15:17:44 EST 2002

Hi to all,

I'm compiling VTK R.4.0 on my HP workstation und HP-UX 10.20.

I wonder why the OpenGL header files are included and why it links with
the OpenGL library.

I've expected that VTK uses the Starbase library on HP platforms for
visualization (that's what I've read in the provided papers). My
graphics subsystem does not support 3D acceleration via OpenGL but
there is 3D support (even with Stereo viewing) for the Starbase
library. So I want to use that instead of OpenGL.

Do I have to reconfigure VTK in some way so that it does not use
OpenGL? I've done a cmake -i with advanced options==yes but I didn't
see a cmake question concerning the Starbase libraries/include files,
it only asks for the OpenGL stuff.

Could someone please give me a hint how to turn on the Starbase
support?

Thanks in advance,

Lakmal