[vtkusers] When does rendering take place?

Wong WJ wong_wj at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:31:34 EST 2002

Hi, thanks for all people who reply me. I finally get VTK running under
MPICH.

I have some other question now.... Think my concept of graphics is not very
strong so need some help to clear my doubts. My main concern is to
distribute the load of rendering so that display will be faster. I just dont
want a processor to render all the actors in the scene.

1)When will rendering process really occurs? Which VTK syntax will actually
make the processor to start render the object?  Taking the examples provided

Taskparallelism
Taskparallelismwithports

For Taskparallelism, the individual task will actually render their own
information and finally combine together? This way the exchange of
information is actually the rendered image?
For Taskparallelismwithport, one task is sending polydata into the port, is
this information already rendered? or the main task will collect all the
polydata and render all the information under itself, which make the actual
rendering process done by 1 processor?

Tks......
WongWJ