[vtkusers] is there a line intersection test in 2D

sebastien MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Thu Dec 19 06:32:54 EST 2002

Hello,

I would like to use intersectWithLine method of cells,
but it works in 3D, and I want to use 2D intersection test
between 2 lines (and obtaining yes or not + intersection
point)

IntersectWithLine on an edge or triangle for example can
test if plane intersect with 3D line, but I do not know if it can
test if a coplanar 2D line intersect with the cell, it does not seem to be the case.

However, I need such an algorithm, should I implement it
myself. Does someone have a c++ example at hand ?