[vtkusers] representation of non-axis-aligned grids

Sherwood, P (Paul) P.Sherwood at dl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 14:51:28 EST 2002

Hi All

I am trying to figure out if it possible to store
regular 2 and 2D grids of data (like vtkStructuredPoints but
not necessarily axis-aligned) without falling back on
vtkPolyData (where each point has explicit coordinates).

As far as I can see this isn't possible, can someone
just confirm this for me?

In the special case of 2D grids that lie parallel to the
xy, xz, and yz planes, am I right in thinking that only
the xy plane can be stored as vtkStructuredPoints, the
other two will need to be vtkPolyData?

thanks

Paul Sherwood