[vtkusers] creating polygons from polylines and making holes in polygons (isolines related)

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Wed Dec 18 14:25:34 EST 2002

Hi Sebastien

Yes, it uses the OpenGL Utilities library (glu, under windows glu32.lib). I
think your error comes from not linking with the library. I haven't upgraded
to VTK 4.x yet, but there must be a way to add additional libraries with
cmake - with pcmaker there were additional options under 'advanced', perhaps
someone with experience can chip in here.

Tom Cintrinitis filter wraps the tesselator functionality of the library -
in terms of your polydata, the first polygon is the external boundary,
following polygons are internal boundaries. The best method is to iterate
through your polygons, each time re-setting your input-polydata to the
desired boundaries and accumulating the output of the tesselation filter
(after updating) into another polydata.

If you can get your hands on an OpenGL book it will make things much
clearer.

Malcolm