[vtkusers] landscape Delaunay triangulation

Pedro Miranda Pedro.Miranda at edinfor.edp.pt
Wed Dec 18 10:07:14 EST 2002

Hi,

I've some landscape data in an ascii raw xyz format and you'd like to
reconstruct the terrain surface as a triangle mesh.

Data example:

-51685.689746;187747.836910;-0.100000;
-51687.829454;187747.825518;-0.100000;
-51688.772546;187746.820482;-0.100000;
-51684.526254;187746.843090;-0.100000;

I've been researching Delaunay triangulation and Voronoi tessellation and
found VTK (thank god I did) but being new to this library I'm still a
little lost among all the classes and potential of this library.

Never the less I found that vtkDelaunay3D and/or
vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter might the classes that I need to use to
accomplish that task.

What I need is some guidelines from anyone who had experience in landscape
reconstruction from that kind of data using VTK.

Thank you in advance.

Pedro