[vtkusers] Region growing for volume data

sebaaihb at mailbox.zrz.tu-berlin.de sebaaihb at mailbox.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 18 06:35:29 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have a little program that displays slices from volume data sets.
I would like to integrate a region of interest (ROI) function like this: I
click with the mouse on a point in the current slice and starting from this
point, a 3D region is grown based on configurable parameters (thresholds or
std deviation, kernel size,...). I then want to convert this region's surface
into a polygon and render it.
I didn't find any region growing algorithms in vtk, are there any?
Is there an easy way to convert the extracted voxels into a surface?
In IDL, for example, I just do
region = REGION_GROW(image, seedPixels) ;; return indices of region in image

Any tips greatly appreceated,

Sebastian