[vtkusers] MPI examples...

Wong WJ wong_wj at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 09:18:45 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm trying out the taskparallelism examples that comes with VTK. But facing
a few problem. Please help.....

This is my system configuration:

winXP
VC++ 6 for compiling
mpich for NT to have 2 pc connected together.

1) For vtkMultiProcessController declared in the examples, do I have to
change it to vtkMPIController if I wanna use MPI??

eg   vtkMultiProcessController* controller =
vtkMultiProcessController::New();
to  vtkMPIController* controller = vtkMPIController::New();

And when I change it to vtkMPIController I got this error during compiling

Compiling...
TaskParallelism.cxx
Linking...
TaskParallelism.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkMPIController * __cdecl
vtkMPIController::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkMPIController@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
RelWithDebInfo/TaskParallelism.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

What I interested in, is parallizing the rendering process so that the time
taken to render a image is faster. So I looking into incorporating MPI into
it.
What are the things I need to look into?
Is there any suggestion or examples I can look into??

Tks all help is greatly needed.........