Fw: [vtkusers] vtk and trackball

Mdl mdl78 at libero.it
Mon Dec 16 09:47:20 EST 2002

> I need to use a trackball to rotate vtk actors and camera. How can I do
that? Wich events or
> methods have I to use??

I don't know if I got what you mean, but you can use the standard VTK
interactor, if I understand right... see documentation for
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.
If you want to implement an user-defined interaction style, you can use the
vtkInteractorStyleUser and provide your user-defined functions to be called
whenever the user press a button or moves the trackball and so on...

(If you want, email me in private! I think we are working on the same
project...)

                        Marco Di Lorenzo
                 (dilorenzo.marco at inwind.it)

Tesista presso IAC-CNR di Roma
Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo "M. Picone"
Viale del Policlinico, 137
00161, Roma