[vtkusers] Problems VTK+wxWindows+MS Visual Studio

Christian Leukel christianleukel at web.de
Fri Dec 13 04:48:45 EST 2002

Hey!
I new here and I hope somebody can help me with this!
I have some problems putting VTK4.0 and wxWindow together under Visual
Studio 6. I would like to give vtk a wxWindow or wxPanel to render into it.
I've found some examples on how to do this (e.g. wxVTKWindow or just give
the vtkrenderwindow the handle of the wxPanel), but I can only build release
Versions of these examples. When I try to build a debug version, I always
get errors like:
- operator new has no formal parameters (error C2802)
- overloaded member function has different return value (C2556: 'void
*(__cdecl *__cdecl vtkObject::operator new(void))(unsigned int)')

So may be somebody can tell what the problems is. Has it something to do
with the project settings (e.g Debug Multithreaded DLL or don't use
Precompiled headers) Right now I'm using "Debug Multithreaded DLL",
"Automatic use Precompiled Headers" and a wxWindow Relase/Debug build.
Do I need a wxWindows Release/Debug build or ReleaseDLL/DebugDLL build?

Thanks in adavance!

Chris