[vtkusers] VRML generated from vtk does not show up properly on IE

Zhengyu Zhang zzhang3 at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 10 23:34:21 EST 2002

Hi Sebastien, thanks for the help. The segment code is as follows

     text[0] = alphabet[i];
     letters[i] = vtkVectorText::New();
       letters[i]->SetText(text);
     extrude[i] = vtkLinearExtrusionFilter::New();
       extrude[i]->SetInput(letters[i]->GetOutput());
       extrude[i]->SetExtrusionType(VTK_VECTOR_EXTRUSION);
       extrude[i]->SetVector(0,0,1.0);
       extrude[i]->SetScaleFactor((float)0.60);
     mappers[i] = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
       mappers[i]->SetInput(extrude[i]->GetOutput());
       mappers[i]->ScalarVisibilityOn();
     actors[i] = vtkActor::New();
       actors[i]->SetMapper(mappers[i]);

So I did not compute normals. I'll see if there is some other filters I
need to get
a better one. The wireframe mode of VRML seems to have duplicated lines and
the surfaces are not connected appropriately.

Zhengyu