[vtkusers] Problems with vtkVectorText and vtkFollower in Java

Carlos Martínez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Tue Dec 10 13:11:26 EST 2002

Hi all.

I try to do a grid plane using vtkPlaneSource. I have to put some legend.
At first I had tried to include a vtkCubeAxisActor2D but its behaviour is
not as I want. I want to assign a number/leter to each axis of the grid.
This shows it:

   A B C
  +-+-+-+
1 | | | |
  +-+-+-+
2 | | | |
  +-+-+-+
3 | | | |
  +-+-+-+

I have tried to use vtkVectorText and vtkFollower but nothing is showed.
I'm using the Java wrapper. If I run the Tcl sample programs the text is
showed. Even then when I do a "zoom extent" to show all the objects on the
renderer, it seems that the actor is there because the extent is bigger
that when I don't add the actor.

I have tried not using vtkFollower and I have got the same result.

I have tried other text objects (vtkTextActor) and nothing changes.

This seems there is a problem with texts in Java. Perhaps is because I use
Linux. Have you got good results in Windows?

I wish to know if somebody is using java and has got good results showing
texts in Linux.

Thanks.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es