[vtkusers] On volume rendering

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Mon Dec 9 10:42:18 EST 2002

cspl wrote:

> I am working volumerendering.All three techniques are working perfectly.
> But It is very slow when I drag 120 slices in one image. I want to make
> it fast.  I have written code as follows.  Please give me suggestion to
> make it fast.

cspl,
   Since you're already using LODactors, I assume you've experimented with
changing the LOD for interactions.  If that doesn't speed things up enough,
then:

1. Make sure you're using the latest drivers for your video card.
2. Consider downsampling your data.
3. Consider upgrading to a newer card with a wider pipe/faster rendering,
   e.g., VolumePro 1000 (http://www.rtviz.com/products/volumepro_prod.html)
   or if that's to much $, one of the nVIDIA Quadro4 cards
   (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=quadro4), or if that's too much,
   one of the nVIDIA GeForce4 cards
   (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforce4) with the SoftQuadro4
   patch (http://www.nvworld.ru/docs/sq4e.html).