[vtkusers] The VTK Textbook "The Visualization Toolkit" status..

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Dec 5 19:51:52 EST 2002

Hello Folks-

This is an update regarding the textbook "The Visualization Toolkit An
Object-Oriented Approach to 3D Graphics" formerly published by Prentice-Hall.

As previously mentioned, Kitware has obtained the rights to the text and
will be the new publisher. The book has been brought up to date with the
current VTK code base and has been sent to the publisher. We are expecting
a delivery of the text at the beginning of the new year. The book is
hardbound, printed in color throughout, and 516 pages. It will be a very
pretty book IMHO.

The Kitware estore will provide pricing and order information near the last
week of this calender year--check in then. I will also announce the
availability of the book on this mailing list.

Will