[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidget and Python

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Dec 2 09:26:45 EST 2002

    PB> Hi all, I cannot run code with vtkTkRenderWidget.  It produces
    PB> a core dump.

    PB> Is there someone who can tell me what to do ?  Here is the
    PB> code taken from
    PB> http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/~dgobbi/vtk/vtkpython.html

Could you just try to run the vtkTkRenderWidget.py file.  It includes
a simple example program.  Find the file on your system and run it.  I
am not sure where exactly the RPMs install the file.

$ python2 full_path_to/vtkTkRenderWidget.py

 (Note: replace python2 with the appropriate python interpreter.)

See if you get a segfault.  If you still do run the script from gdb
and see what is going on.

$ gdb /usr/bin/python2
 [...]
(gdb) run full_path_to/vtkTkRenderWidget.py
 [ segfault message ]
(gdb) bt
 [ backtrace output ]

And see what happens.  Hopefully that should give you/us a clue of
where things are wrong.

cheers,
prabhu