[vtkusers] updating vtkwindow with a new dataset.

Brooks, Jonathan M j.brooks at ic.ac.uk
Sat Aug 31 06:14:25 EDT 2002

Dear VTK Users,
I am a new user of VTK and am waiting for the User's Guide to be shipped to
me. I am trying to use VTK to visualise polynomials in real-time using
measurement data (coefficients) obtained from an optical instrument.
I am using VTK (MSVC++ 6.0) to visualise polynomials on a warped plane. Each
time a measurement is made and a set of coefficients determined for the set
of polynomials, I would like to update the window display to visualise the
new data.
I am still familiarising myself with actors, renderers, mappers etc. So far
I just only managed to plot the polynomials themselves. In all examples it
seems that rendering the window is the last operation performed in the code.
Does anyone have any tips or example code for updating the window with a new
dataset after it has been rendered?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,