[vtkusers] Aligning a cylinder between two points

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Aug 29 17:44:30 EDT 2002

Hi.
I've got a bit of a tranformation/rotation problem at hand. I want to
draw a cylinder where the top and bottom are aligned to two points,
p1=(x0, y0, z0) and p2=(x1, y1, z1), something like:

	      ---------
 	p1 -> |       | <- p2
	      ---------

I'm using a vtkCylinderSource, vtkPolyDataMapper, and a vtkActor

I'm a bit new to 3D visualization in Vtk, so have me excused if this is
completely trivial, but my attempts so far have miserably failed in one
way or another. Could anyone give me a solution/hints to how to obtain
this in Vtk?

Regards,
Tarjei