[vtkusers] Updating Selected actors

Subramanian, S. S.Subramanian at tue.nl
Wed Aug 28 08:06:07 EDT 2002

Hi,
 In my application I have several actors attached to a rendering window. The
position of the actors are changed in real time, but not all actors are
updated at all times.
Since rendering is heavy duty and I'm not able to even get 14 frames per
sec. I am wondering if I can instruct the "renWin" which actors need to be
updated and which need not be updated. I don't want to make an actor
invisible, but I just don't want to update it. Is this possible? I suppose
when I run "renWin->Render()", it updates all actors (even if their
positions where not updated.

I have another related question, Can I update the position of the actors in
one thread and asynchronously run "renWin->Render();" in another thread?

Are there some examples of multi threaded code?

I hope my question is clear,
thanks in advance,
Sriram