[vtkusers] Building VTK with Kylix bc++

Stefan Bruckner stefan.bruckner at chello.at
Tue Aug 27 16:19:33 EDT 2002

have tried that, but the issue seems zu be a little more complicated.
The Borland compiler doesn't understand many of the gcc options used to
build the shared libraries. For some of these I wasn't able to find
equivalents for the settings. I have tried some things but it always
fails to build correctly ...

These are the settings that seem particularly problematic:

CMAKE_CXX_MODULE_BUILD_FLAGS -shared

CMAKE_CXX_MODULE_LINK_FLAGS -rdynamic

CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_BUILD_FLAGS -shared

CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_CFLAGS -fPIC

CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_LINK_FLAGS -rdynamic

CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_RUNTIME_FLAG -Wl,-rpath,

btw. it's called bc++, probably because of a naming conflict with
Bruce's C Compiler (bcc) on a lot of Linux distros ...

--
Thanks,
Stefan