[vtkusers] question on extracting points

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Tue Aug 27 12:15:38 EDT 2002

Hi I have question on the following picking action:

If I use  vtkPolydata -  vtkTubeFilter - vtkPolyDataMapper - vtkActor
sequence to generate my pipeline and If I pick this actor and get the points
corresponding to the actor what the picker returns is equal to the
Vtktubefilter->output (which is the input for the mapper).
This is what I do:
Actor = Picker -> getactor;
Mapper = actor -> getmapper;
polydata = mapper -> getinput();

I would like to know if there is anyway I can get my hand of the original
vtkpolydata that I put in from the picker? And not the one coming from the
tubefilter?.
Or is just keeping the original data somewhere in memory the only way?.

Regards
Gowri