[vtkusers] Speed question

P Bai apbai at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 14:40:05 EDT 2002

I once had the similiar problem with Matrox video
card. Two things you might want to try:
- Download the newest driver from Matrox website.
- Set the display mode from 24bit to 32bit (That may
improve a lot)

But I still would like to say Matrox 450/550 sux! A
cheaper ATI could easily beat it.

Hello list,
   I've done a VTK application where I display dome
vtkActor s on my
own
window. I made my own user interactions functions, by
geting mouse
positions
and everything else.

  Everything goes nice and fast on my computer:
     - Windows 2000, Pentium IV 2GH, 1Mb Ram, nVidia
Quadro2 EX
  Now, when i run into a different computer
     - Windows 2000, Pentium IV 2GH, 1Mb Ram, Matrox
Milenum 6450 Dual
Head

  it is TOO SLOW. Why can that happen?

  Thank you in advace.