[vtkusers] CT - VOLUME - CAD

Ng Hong Wan hongwan at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 21 00:47:14 EDT 2002

I have access to FEM s/w Ansys and Abaqus, as well as CAD s/w like ProE
and Unigraphics installed in our university server.

I have written a parsing code in visual basic that is able to generate
outlines from vtkpolydatawriter format into ansys codes. But it is only
restricted to polylines,

Moreover, I am dealing with volumes instead of surfaces and I am not
aware if any of the vtk classes available is able to generate triangular
volumes from CT scan, if yes, please advise me of the command.

FYI, there is a s/w called materialize mimics that claimed to be able to
do it, but I have not try it out.

Thanks