[vtkusers] Multiple scalars working together?

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Tue Aug 20 10:48:42 EDT 2002

Have you thought of converting your scalar data into vector data with one
component equal to zero and the other two your velocity and direction. Perhaps
the vector data can be used more effectively to color or perhaps glyph your data
set. I've no experience with vector data so not much help there but there are
quite a few vector based examples if I remember right...john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [24.97.130.19]

From: P Bai <apbai at yahoo.com>@public.kitware.com on 08/20/2002 07:30 AM MST

              P Bai <apbai at yahoo.com>           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                  @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                        Subject:      [vtkusers] Multiple scalars working
                                             together?
                             Sent by:
    vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                  08/20/2002 10:30 AM

Hi all,

I'm currently stuck at this problem: My data has two
scalars (there's no way to combine these two to one),
say, "direction" and "velocity". In my lookuptable I
want "direction" to determine the Hue and "velocity"
to determine the Value independently. Is it possibile
to do that and how? Or is there any other way to
assign color to a point in the polydata other than
using scalar and lookuptable?

Thank you for your help!