[vtkusers] Window-level in vtkImagePlaneWidget?

Bert VanSesamstraat bertvansesamstraat at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 04:19:53 EDT 2002

>Hi Bert,
>
>right mouse button controls the W/L as follows:
>  - left to right mouse movement will increase the level value and 'darken'
>the image: low level tends to produce a brighter to completely 'white'
>image
>  - top to bottom mouse movement will increase the window thereby
>decreasing the contrast: in other words a very high window value will
>appear to make a grayed out image.
>
>So, try moving the mouse left to right until level is around the center
>value of your data set, then adjust window to the desired level of
>contrast.
>
>Hope this works for you,
>Dean
>
> >This dataset consists of 2-byte integers with a >mean value of +/- 1000
>and a range from 500-1500. >When I look at the image a see three white
>planes >and no structure at all. When I adjust the window->level with the
>mouse button it changes to >maximally 3 or so.
>
> >How can I adjust the window-levelling so I see the >correct results.

Dean,
Thank you for your response.
I knew already how to do this but there is a slight problem.
The level and window values don't have the right values compared to the
values in my data.
My data ranges from 500-1500
And the maximum window and level values are +/- 3, even when I move the
mouse in the direcion of the maximum level and window values.
So is there a bug in the widget or am I forgetting something.
So my problem is that the window, level values don't scale with my data.

Maurice