[vtkusers] Offscreen rendering pipeline

Martin Thornalley martin_thornalley at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 07:11:19 EDT 2002

I was wondering if it possible to create a rendering pipeline that is not
attached to a renderwindow.  I have a series of polydata datasets that I
wish to register using the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform class and
following the registration obtain the number of iterations and mean
distance.  I'd rather not do all this is a renderwindow if I can help it as
I don't need to display the data at this stage.  I have succeeded in doing
this within a vtkRenderWindow and set the opacity of all actors to 0 so that
nothing is visible but I'd rather not have to create the vtkRenderWindow at
all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Martin Thornalley.