[vtkusers] vtk40, w2k, python21, "Import Error: No module named vtkCommonPython"

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Aug 14 14:30:01 EDT 2002

    JR> I've installed the vtk40core, tcl, and python exe's from the
    JR> kitware site.  I've also installed python2.1.  I set
    JR> PYTHONPATH to c:\vtk40\wrapping\python.

You also need to set the PYTHONPATH to the directory that contains the
vtk*Python.dll DLLs.  You could do something like this:

PYTHONPATH=c:\vtk40\wrapping\python:c:\vtk40\lib\vtk

Assuming that c:\vtk40\lib\vtk is the place where you have your
vtk*Python.dll's.  You also need to put the c:\vtk40\lib\vtk directory
into your PATH.

Alternatively use the setup.py script in the wrapping\python directory
to install vtk-python.

 # python setup.py install

Hope this helps.
prabhu