[vtkusers] vtk + volume rendering app

Emil Kasulzke sebaaihb at linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 12 19:45:34 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I am currently evaluating VTK for use in a volume rendering app.
Can anyone tell me his experiences with vr and vtk?
How fast is the vtk volume ray tracer for datasets of about 256^3?
Is there an implementation of the shear-warp algorithm for vtk (I didn't
  find it in the sources)?
Does anyone know of a freely available volume rendering program based on
vtk (preferably small and with source - just to get an idea of how
things are done)? I had a look at the vr examples and was quite amazed
by the LOD features, but the examples are just too simple.

Thanks in advance,

Emil