[vtkusers] Visualisation of cell-based data.

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Wed Aug 7 20:58:15 EDT 2002

VTK supports cell data; it's just like point data except associated with
cells. There are also filters to convert between cell data and point data
(vtkCellDataToPointData and vtkPointDataToCellData) based on local
averaging schemes. (You may need this: some filters e.g. contouring only
work on point data). Some filters may operate on either cell or point data,
the user has to specify (e.g., vtkThreshold).The readers and writers all
support point and cell data as well.
Will