[vtkusers] Still help needed!!!

L.Scheef at uni-bonn.de L.Scheef at uni-bonn.de
Mon Aug 5 08:33:52 EDT 2002

Dear list members!

I still would need a little help from the vtk friends...
As I mailed a couple of days ago, I try to install the binary version
of TCL/TK  but I am not able to run even a simple example.

Herre is what I have done:
I've installed TCL/TK8.2 on win98 system. It works well so far.
After that I have installed the vtk40core.exe and vtk40Tcl.exe

And added the TCLLIBPATH C:/Programme/VTK40/Wrapping/Tcl
to the autoexec.bat

 Running: % puts  $auto_path ob the wish shell gives me:

C:/Programme/VTK40/Wrapping/Tcl C:/Programme/vtk40/lib/vtk
C:/PROGRAMME/TCL/lib/tcl8.2 C:/PROGRAMME/TCL/lib
C:/PROGRAMME/TCL/lib/tk8.2

However, if I try to start any example script (from the win explorer),
I get the error message: "can't find package vtkvommon"

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong? I searched the
mailing list but was not able to find the answer so far...

Do I have to rebuild VTK? I hope that this would be not
neccessary... (I neither have the Borland nor the MSV C++
compiIer...
I was able to use the old VTK2.2 version without any problems ...
What has changed in the meantime?

Any help would be appreciated ...

Best wishes,

Lukas