[vtkusers] Refreshing the rendering window

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Fri Apr 26 12:09:00 EDT 2002

I think it is not enough to just do this renWin->Render();.
Sometimes it will not refresh your window/screen. This I know is true for
Java and c++. It is because when you are using multi components in your
screen (ex: user interface with panels, toolbars, trees etc) the window in
which vtk renders may not have the focus all the time.
(ex: if you had a tree and you clicked some thing on it to load a file the
focus is with the tree and not with the window in which vtk displays)
Therefore even though vtk has rendered properly in its window it may not
appear on the screen unless you click on the component (window of the
renderer) to give it the focus..... I think it is not the fault of vtk. It
has done its job of rendering.

If you don't want to click to give it the focus you have to call the paint
method on the component explicity (or the repaint method) ......

Regards
Gowri